Today I’m bringing to you my Top Ten Fandoms. I’m linking up with The Broke and the Bookish Top Ten Tuesday, because it’s such a fab idea and I love it!
(and prepare yourself for some yelling & ranting, because I can get very enthusiastic about my fandoms. MY PRECIOUS.)
Without further ado, my top ten fandoms.
- Lord of the Rings. I LOVE LORD OF THE RINGS SO MUCH. You have no idea. I’ll have to do a post one day about HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS BOOK because it’s actually ridiculous and I can go on about it for a while!!
(also this includes pretty much everything Middle Earth related, because Tolkien is just all round amazing.)
- Harry PotterI read HP for the first time only 18 months ago now, though it feels like a lot longer. I was pretty much in love from the first page onwards. It’s such a wonderful fantasy adventure and I am quite honestly IN LOVE!!
And who doesn’t love a good good vs. evil tale, anyway??!?
- Star WarsEXCUSE ME WHILE I CRY. Star Wars was my first fandom that I appreciated as a Fandom and it’s been with me for years – my ‘gateway’ fandom!! The fourth is my favourite, I have a heart for the prequels, number 7 made me cry, and everything about Rogue One makes me happy 🙂
(except the ending, obviously.)
- Sherlock Holmes
This fandom is in two parts for me. One, my deep and sincere love of the books, which I first read when I was ten and have reread at least six times since so that I now know the entire plot of each mystery and each has an immense amount of nostalgia attached.And two – the BBC series, which is all the perfection, essentially. I just can’t. It’s perfect. I can’t fault it. It changes the books in a way that I am (unusually) okay with. This is ridiculous. BUT I LOVE IT SO MUCH OKAY. xx
- The How To Train Your Dragon books
Let me just emphasise that again. I LOVE THE BOOKS. The books were essentially MY CHILDHOOD. I borrowed them every single library visit and devoured them. The movies on the other hand – they’re COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. The movies change EVERYTHING. WHERE WAS CAMICAZI? ALVIN? THE SUITORS?? MY BRAIN IS CONFUSED??!?!?(clearly I’m going to have to do a post on this because I have a lot of built up rants prepared 🙂 )
- NarniaI have a very clear memory of my mother reading me The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe when I was four. Ever since then it’s been kind of … there?? It’s been a part of my whole life, although I’m not obsessed with it. But it definitely deserves an honourable mention. The books are beautiful perfection. All movies except The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe make me cry because they changed too much.
(The Horse and his Boy is definitely my fave, because of talking horses and watermelons)
- Disney/PixarI will be the first to admit that I’m not a crazy Disnerd. It’s not my favourite fandom. That said, I cried during Finding Dory purely because nostalgia??? Tangled and both Cinderellas are some of my favourite movies??? I still watch the old animated Cinderalla because I love it and the new one is pure and utter perfection??? I cried during the trailer for Beauty and the Beast???
Clearly I like Disney more than I thought 😀
(I think it’s actually a little like Narnia for me – it’s kind of always been there. So much beautiful. I wish I could sing. *sigh*)
- Doctor WhoI’m kind of a lowkey fan of DW. I know the story line, have watched up to season 7 I think (I’m still planning to finish it though, just hanging out for the holidays!!), and llloooooovvvve the concept/characters. But I don’t know – I watched it because of my friend and I feel like while I love it, it doesn’t have the same nostalgic value that some of my other fandoms have.
BUT I STILL LOVE IT OKAY.
This fandom is basically a combination of all the books that were written before 1899. Jane Austen, John Buchan, Charles Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, etc etc etc. Jane Austen was the best writer of ever, John Buchan is down to earth, Dickens makes me nice and depressed, and Doyle is perfect for a good adventure. Then there’re the books like Swiss Family Robinson, Little House on the Prairie (yes i know that was 1935 okay sssshhhh), Coral Island, and so so many more.(and then there’s Peter Pan, Mary Poppins, Winne the Pooh … excuse me while I cry from nostalgia.)
- Anne of Green Gables
I love these books to pieces – every single one of them (there are 8). I always say I love the first and the last – Anne of Green Gables is perfection, and Rilla of Ingleside is the best WWI book I’ve ever read. Seriously, the movies don’t do them justice (don’t get me started on the third one ……. urghhhh).
So those were my ten favourite fandoms! I’m absolutely in love with all of them and I just can’t get over their brilliance.
What’s your favourite fandom?? (if you can choose haha)